It’s sunny where I live and it feels like spring is (finally!) here, so it’s been a really good day for me so far. I hope you’re all having a lovely Sunday before work / school life starts up again tomorrow.
I’m interrupting my regular stream of posts for a Public Service Announcement…kind of 🙂 Mostly I just want to write this down to keep myself accountable. Six months or a year from now, I want to look back at this post and see if I’ve accomplished what I set out to do.
And that’s exactly what this post is for.
When I started out just a couple of months ago, I told myself I was going to post whatever I felt like. I’m still going to do that of course, but I think it’s only fair that I share what kind of content you can expect from me. So let’s get right into it:
- YA book reviews: this is my main focus and the reason I started this blog. I want a space where I can share my passion for YA fiction, where I can rave about the books I love and rant about the ones I didn’t like. I’m aiming for one review a week.
- Other book reviews: YA fiction is definitely my preferred genre but I also enjoy other genres from time to time. I was really into classics a couple of years ago and I want to find some time to read a couple more. I also set out to read more non-fiction this year. With those goals in mind, I’ll be aiming for a non-YA review once a month.
- Bookish news: anticipated releases, book hauls, monthly TBR, wrap-ups, etc.
- Discussion Posts: I’ve posted a few of them so far (Bibliotherapy; Insta-love in YA fiction; …) and you guys really seem to love them, so I’m going to keep doing them. You can expect topics such as “Diversity in YA fiction”; “Feminism and the role of female characters”; “Mental Illness in YA fiction”; etc.
- Memes: Top Ten Tuesday, Waiting for Wednesday, etc. I won’t be doing these every week, but I’ll do them every once and a while because some of them are fun (and they give me inspiration when I’m not in a creative mood)
- Writing: I’m in the middle of editing my YA book which I hope to get published one day. Since it’s a long, long process of trial and error, I’d like to share my experience with you guys. Maybe some of you can learn from mistakes or maybe you’ll get a good laugh from reading about my (never-ending) struggle 😉
Thanks for tuning in and see you soon,