It’s been a while since I’ve done a tag but this seemed like a really fun one to do. You get to know me a little better and I can answer all these fun questions and think of new ones. It’s a win-win, so thank you to Panic At The Bookstore for nominating me.
- Thank the person who nominated you and answer the 11 questions they’ve written for you.
- Nominate 11 people and give them 11 different questions to answer.
1. What was the book that got you into reading and how did you find out about it?
I got into reading because of the Harry Potter series. Big surprise, right? 😀 I’d read books before, but I remember not really enjoying it until Harry Potter. I found out about it through my brother who’s two years older and started reading Harry Potter first.
2. What goals did you have when you first started blogging and have you achieved it?
I’ve only been blogging for a couple of months so I haven’t set my eyes on any goals just yet. For now, I’m happy to blog consistently and become part of the blogging community.
3. What inspired you to start a blog and did you learn anything while blogging?
I wanted to create a space where I could share my love for books and reading, and I’d toyed with the idea of starting a blog for a while so I thought I’d combine both and start a book blog. Yes, I’ve learnt so many things already!
First, it’s a LOT more work than I thought it would be. But I really like it, so I don’t mind. Second, aesthetics are really important BUT it’s not easy to create a blog design you really love. I think I’ve changed my design threee or four times the first two months. 😀 And, lastly, I thought book reviews would be the most important and popular posts but that’s actually not the case.
4. Apart from reading, what other things do you enjoy?
I like going to the gym, cooking, and watching TV-shows.
5. If you could be transported to one bookish world, which would it be?
The Harry Potter world without a doubt!
6. What is one thing you struggle with as a reader and one thing that you love?
I struggle to keep up sometimes. There are just too many books for me to read!
Wat I love about reading is that it can take you away to another world. It’s a very calming and peaceful experience because you can forget about your own life for a while and live someone else’s.
7. Do you believe that books have the power to change your life? Have you read any such book?
Yes, I definitely believe books have the power to change lives. Especially books that deal with mental illness or racism, discrimination, sexuality, etc. Having said that, I’ve read many books that I really relate to and that I’ll always remember, but I wouldn’t say they’ve changed my life. But I still have a lot of books to read in my life, so who knows, maybe I’ll read my life changing book somewhere in the future 🙂
8. Are you a sucker for happy books or one that leaves your heart broken?
As much as I like fluffy, light, and funny reads with a happy ending, I find that the ones that broke my heart are my absolute, all-time favourites. For those of you who’ve following me for a while, you know I’m a big, big fan of History is All You Left me by Adam Silvera.
9. If you had the chance to live in either your reality or favorite fictional world, which one would you choose? ( I think I have read this in some tag before but I like this question so sorry for the copy haha)
This is a tough one. There are a lot of amazing fictional worlds I’d love to live in, but I think I still prefer living in my reality.
10. Do you believe in buying books or getting them from a library?
I think both are great, but since I live in a non-English speaking country, the library isn’t an option for me if I want to read the latest books.
11. I don’t believe that all readers have to be introverted. It’s Friday night and there’s a really fun party going on in the neighborhood, would you go with your friends and attend it or stay home and read?
My friends aren’t the party going type either, so this question is kind of moot. 😀 But, hypothetically, yes, if they ask me if I want to go to a party or to the movies or anywhere really, I would definitely go with them.
- Do you share your love for reading with anyone outside the blogging community (friends, family, teachers … ) ? If so, who?
- What do you like and dislike about the book blogging community?
- They say knowledge is power. What have you learned from reading?
- What are your reading pet peeves?
- If you could swap identities with a fictional character for just one day, who would you pick and what would you do?
- You have the power to bring one fictional character to life in your own reality. Who do you pick?
- Is there a book you think everyone should read?
- What’s your favourite quote?
- Which author would you want to have dinner with? What would you ask them?
- What’s your favourite movie or TV show right now?
- Which food or drink would you love to try sometime? (in real life and the fictional world)
…but anyone is free to answer my questions. If you do, please leave a link in the comment section so I can read your answers! 🙂