It’s been a long time since I’ve done a tag or award so here’s another one. Thank you to @Blue Binding for tagging me and thank you to Okoto Enigma for creating the award. Let’s get started!
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers three things about yourself.
- Nominate roughly 10-20 people for this award
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blogs.
- Ask your nominees five questions.
- Share a link to your best/favorite post that you’ve written
Three Things About Me
- I’m very much into health and fitness. It’s actually my second, okay maybe my third passion (after books and writing of course!). I tried to eat as “healthy” as possible and I do resistance training three times a week, which I like a lot more than I do cardio. Which is funny ‘cause I’m training for a 5K race. (Whoops)
- I enjoy watching movies. A lot (fourth passion?). I think I’ve been to the movies at least 8 or 10 times this year and I’d go a lot more often too but I have to save some money to buy books, right? #priorities
Some of my favourite movies this year are Dunkirk, Wonder Woman, and Spider-Man.
- I’ve always wanted to play the piano when I was younger (still do, I guess) but I never went to music school as a kid and now it just seems too hard. For one, I don’t own a piano or know anyone who does and two, it takes a lot of practice and time, which is hard to come by when you’re working full-time (and have 65415921 books to read)
1. Is there a book that you continuously recommend to people?
Oh, yes. Definitely. It’s History is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera. Fair warning: I’m going to start recommending More Happy Than Not with the same ferocity as I’ve done with HIAYLM because I love that book (almost?) as much.
If you haven’t discovered Adam Silvera, please read one of his books. He’s amazing.
2. What is the number one thing that you look for in a book?
For me, it’s interesting and relatable characters. I’m definitely more of a character-driven book kind of girl. If the characters are deeply interesting, realistic and I can relate to them (or at least sympathise with them) then I don’t care if nothing much happens plotwise. It doesn’t work the other way around. If there’s a strong plot but boring characters, I’ll probably hate it.
3. What is your favorite kind of blog post to write?
That’s a tough one. I like writing reviews for books that inspired some kind of emotion in me (whether good or bad) but I also enjoy writing discussion posts.
4. If you could be any book/movie/TV show character for a day, who would you be?
Movie: Diana Prince because who doesn’t want to be Wonder Woman for a day?
TV show: Betty Cooper. I’ve just finished watching Riverdale and she’s one of my favourite characters. She’s so smart and driven and knows what she wants. Also, I have crush on Jughead, so yeah..
Book: Either Elizabeth Bennett or Hermione Granger
Elizabeth because 1) I’d like to see what it’s like to live in another era; 2) there wouldn’t be a dull moment with her family around and 3) Mr Darcy (obviously)
Hermione because, well, who doesn’t want to spend a day in the magical world? And Hermione is strong and smart and surrounded by the best kind of friends and family, so there’s that.
5. Where was the coolest vacation that you ever went on?
I’ve been lucky enough to have visited many wonderful city and countries over the years so it’s hard to pick. I’d probably go for Edinburgh because it was the first time I traveled alone and Scotland is breathtaking and absolutely stunning.
- What’s your favourite book to reread?
- Do you share your love for reading / blogging with anyone IRL? Who?
- Which book got you into reading?
- What did you want to be when you were a kid?
- Which book on your TBR are you looking forward to reading the most?
Everyone! If you want to do this, please do and leave your link below so I can read your answers 🙂