- 90% of the time, I read on the train. I’ve mentioned this before, but, for those of you who don’t know, my commute to work takes 2+ hours every day. The train ride takes an hour, which means I get two hours of reading time every day. And, to be honest, I think I would’ve quit my job a long time ago if I didn’t have that time to read… Anyway, since I read a lot during my commute I rarely read when I’m home. Sometimes I read during the weekend but only when it’s a really good book I can’t wait to finish. If it’s not, I take the weekend to relax and catch up on my TV shows, watch a movie, and go to the gym.
- Sometimes, I dog-ear my page. I know, I know. A lot of people absolutely can’t stand the idea of it so if that’s you, please don’t yell at me 😀 In my defence, I only do it when I’ve lost my bookmark and I know I’m not going to remember where I stopped. And I really hate trying to find my pages, so yeah…
- I don’t have an e-reader so I read digital copies on my laptop. A book blogger who doesn’t have an e-reader?? Weird, right? The truth is I never liked the idea of reading ebooks until recently (when I started getting approved for e-ARCs). So far, I’ve read ebooks on my computer (which is also convenient because I can read during my lunch break and no one even notices) but I have to admit I’m thinking of buying one because 1) I wouldn’t have to bring my book with me anymore (those things can be heavy, you know!) 2) ebooks are cheaper than physical ones and 3) if I’ve finished reading one book, I can start on another right away!
- I hate spoilers…unless I go looking for them myself. So, here’s the thing. I really don’t appreciate people spoiling a book / movie / TV show for me BUT sometimes, I’ll go looking for spoilers myself. This usually happens when I’m really invested in a book and I CAN’T WAIT to find out if my favourite character makes it to the end of the book, my OTP stays together, etc. So, yeah, sometimes I skip to the end and look for signs that everything will be okay.
- I buy all my books. Look, I really wish I lived in an English speaking country where I could go to the library or go to secondhand book shops…but I don’t.Buying books is literally the ONLY WAY for me to be able to read books that aren’t 5+ years old. Does this mean I spend a lot of money on books? Yes. Do I regret it? No. Books are life.
- Sometimes I lie about having read a book. I know, I know. Lying is bad and you shouldn’t do it, but I can’t help myself sometimes. I just don’t want to be “that girl/blogger” who hasn’t read this or that book. It’s stupid, I know.
- I’m kind of a hypocrite when it comes to “read whatever you want”. I’m all for reading whatever you want and I HATE IT when people look down on me for reading YA BUT…I have to admit I sometimes judge people for liking a particular book. Yes, I’m talking about the people who’ve read Fifty Shades of Grey and loved it. Obviously, I don’t tell them, and I know I shouldn’t judge but I just…can’t. I’m sorry.
What are some of your reading and bookish confessions? Let me know in the comments!