It’s the last day of the month today which can only mean one thing…
It’s time for another wrap-up. In this post, I’ll be sharing the books I read this month, which ones I’m planning on reading in September as well as some of my favourite non-book related things I’ve enjoyed this month.
I read 8 book this month! GO ME!
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell: Literally everyone recommended this one to me. Maybe that’s why I was slightly disappointed. It was good, but I didn’t connect to Cath as much as wanted to (Levi and Reagan were great though!) ★★★☆☆
- The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner: I took me a while to get into this one, but it was well worth reading to the end. ★★★★☆ (Review to come!)
- My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Wanger: Depressing read but filled with raw, realistic, and genuine emotions. Very good representation of mental illness. ★★★★☆
- Our Story Begins by Elissa Brent Weissman: Recommended reading for aspiring (children’s) authors and illustrators. ★★★★☆
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone: The book that started it all. ★★★★★
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: My least favourite HP book, but, come on, it’s still HP so… ★★★★☆
- More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera: A rough, emotional story about being okay with who you are and choosing to be more happy than not. ★★★★★
- They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera: Another great book by my favourite author about daring to live and love, even on the very last day ★★★★☆ (RR: 4,5/5)
I completed my Goodreads Challenge!! Am I an overachiever or what?
Obviously, 30 books wasn’t a particularly ambitious goal but I’m still proud of myself. I think I only read 4 books last year, so I guess you could say I’m out of my reading slump. And I have my blog to thank for it!
Speaking of… I’m very close to 400 followers!! Thank you so much to everyone who follows me, reads my posts, and/or leaves a comment. You’re all amazing ❤
To celebrate your amazingness, I’ll be hosting a giveway once I hit 500 followers. And there’s more! If I hit 500 before Christmas, I’ll dig deep into my wallet and do a BIG giveaway.
- My 7 Bookish & Reading Confessions
- Characters I Wish Were My Friends
- August YA Releases
- September YA Releases
Around the Blog
Movies & TV-shows
I’ve only got two favourites this month, both TV-shows.
The first is Riverdale. I know, I know, I’m late to the party. The second season kicks off in October but I’ve only now just seen the first season. Confession time: I tried to watch it a couple of months before and saw the first two or maybe three episodes before I stopped. I just couldn’t get into it. But then, after many people recommended it to me, I gave it another shot and I’m so glad I did. I’m in love with all of the characters, Betty and Judhead being my favourites (Go Bughead!)
but I’ve also got a special place in my heart for Cheryl and Kevin.
I don’t care what anyone says: I think Riverdale is a good show with a solid mystery plot line, some teenage drama, and beautiful aesthetics. If you haven’t seen it, I don’t recommend watching the trailer. Watch THIS video. It’s pretty perfect.
Second is GAME OF THRONES. I mean, obviously. I’ve put in under favourites but I have to say season 7 definitely isn’t my favourite out of all of them. I understand there were only 7 episodes but everything felt really rushed, which lead to quite a few wonky time lines, plot holes, and deus ex machinas. But the DRAGONS, though…
And Daenerys is QUEEN. Don’t fight me on this one.
Since I read twice as many books as I thought I would this month, I’m going to be a bit more ambitious this time around and chose six books.